Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and term-time only
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 05 June 2020
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The St Leonards Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Are you committed to provide support, care and guidance for students within our academy?
We are looking for someone who:
- Will provide first aid for all incidents
- Will provide general clerical duties and administrative tasks
- Will administer all free school meals and ParentPay
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
- A strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- Access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
The St Leonards Academy are looking to recruit a Student Welfare Assistant to join our friendly and enthusiastic team, to provide support, care and guidance to our students.
Details of how to apply, as well as a job description and person specification, can be found on the Trust's website https://careers.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.