Centrally located in the Thames Gateway, Gravesham Borough Council provides a range of services to over 106,000 people and 4,000 businesses.
The Borough of Gravesham, situated in the north west corner of Kent, covers 25,000 acres of the most varied countryside in south east England.
Bordered by the River Thames to the north, it is at the heart of Thames Gateway and has a significant role to play in the regeneration of a major government growth area.
Gravesham Borough Council is committed to delivering to the community and working with us means you are part of delivering the level of growth and improvement our community needs and deserves.
- To manage the implementation of a replacement Housing Management System, from project inception through to project completion and review.
- To negotiate and communicate with relevant service area stakeholders to ensure that necessary people resources/skills are available to meet project timescales and resource requirements
- To manage the work and priorities of the project team throughout the lifecycle of the project, defining appropriate products, standards, and timescales to ensure that the project delivers implementation on time and within budget.
- To act as key adviser to the project board, resolving issues and recommending corrective action as appropriate so that projects are sustained and implemented, risks are identified, mitigated and managed whilst ensuring compliance with the agreed decision making process/project governance arrangements.
Undertake a range of specialist tasks including:
- To clearly define and seek agreement for project objectives, plans, costs and performance measures to ensure that work is carried out in a timely and effective manner and to meet budgets and deadlines where appropriate, ensuring project changes are appropriately controlled.
- To co-ordinate staff and resources allocated to project including staff from all disciplines.
- To manage the preparation and updating of all project documentation ensuring compliance with the agreed project and programme governance arrangements.
- Maintain all necessary documentation, procedures and systems to agreed corporate standards and in line with GDPR legislation.
- To manage project budgets in liaison with the Director (Housing & Operations) / Assistant Director (Housing)
- Ensure that equal opportunity issues are taken into account on all service delivery and employment matters. This includes providing service monitoring, planning and implementing change and taking action to promote equality and eradicate institutional discrimination.
- Carry out all duties with regard to the Council’s Health and Safety policy
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required by the Director of Housing & Operations / Assistant Director (Housing)
- This post will require a high level of independence and initiative. The post will have responsibility within a project for any contractors or seconded staff allocated to that project. Demonstrable experience of dealing with suppliers and contractsDemonstrable experience of working within an ICT environment within a medium to large organisation, with an excellent understanding of all elements of the ICT service
- Essential qualifications/experience-
- Demostrable experience in a customer-focussed organisation, with an emphasis on customer service
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects to agreed time and budget limits
- Demonstrable experience in the management of small to medium projects within a technical environment.
- A relevant project management qualification is essential
- A relevant academic, professional or management qualification.
In return we offer you
A generous holiday entitlement, plus paid bank holidays.
In-house and external training including non-qualification, Continued Personal Development (CPD), NVQ and other qualification training.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is a free and confidential support service, offering you unlimited access to advice and information as well as coaching and counselling where appropriate.
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the service is there to help you manage all of life's events and support you through the challenges. Their expert advisers are there to help,
whenever you need them. Support on the telephone, online and face to face.
A very secure pension scheme which both you and we pay into. More information can be found on the Local Government Pension Scheme website.
An on-site Occupational Health Advisor. We have an occupational health service provided by East Kent Hospitals University Foundation NHS Trust. The service is delivered by a team of health professionals who specialise in occupational medicine and deal with the relationship between your work and your health. Occupational Health also works with us to resolve any issues in the workplace and also to ensure that well-being at work is maintained.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Daniel Killian Assistant Director (Housing) on 01474 337820.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Gravesham Borough Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.