Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a part time position working 9 hours per week. The salary advertised will be pro-rated.
The Boys and Young Men's Programme is one of the Targeted Programmes delivered by the London Borough of Hillingdon's Adolescent Development Services. The programme offers a range of personal development and support programmes to boys in school years 4 - 6 and adolescents in school years 7 +
The programme offers a spectrum of interventions to promote well being and resilience interventions that include:
- Drop-ins held weekly to offer continuous but flexible support
- One to one support offering education and support packages designed and delivered to tackle specific issues for vulnerable and high risk young people
- Bespoke educational workshops for schools covering a variety of issues
- Structured group work sessions designed to use activities, discussion and reflection to encourage boys and young men to build resilience to risk and support good decision making
- Outreach Drop ins delivered at targeted locations to give support information and services to vulnerable and high risk hard to reach young people
The successful candidate will be committed to taking a positive, holistic and empowering approach to service delivery. We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience and competence of working with young people in formal or informal education or a community setting. You will need to have a good understanding of issues which young people face today. You will have a creative and dynamic approach and be able to engage with hard to reach and other vulnerable groups of young people.
There is no specific training or qualifications required for the post, as training to gain the required knowledge will be part of the induction to the role but willingness to learn and gain knowledge is a must.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- Confident and motivated
- Passionate about working with young people.
- Positive with a 'can do' attitude
- Approachable and able to engage with a diverse client population
- Proactive and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Respectful and polite
- Compassionate and understanding
- Reliable and organised
- Have excellent communication and listening skills
- Have the ability to work closely with a range of different organisations
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of young people, partners and stakeholder
- Have the ability to travel around the borough (a driving licence and access to a car is desirable)