Be part of a team delivering an exciting integrated highways revitalisation project for the town centre, Woking’s biggest infrastructure project to date. The significant improvements to the town centre’s road network and the widening of the out of date Victoria Arch railway bridge, totalling £115million, will unlock housing sites for the local area.
As part of the team you will:
- Facilitate the efficient day-to-day delivery of the strategic infrastructure scheme.
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter who is highly organised and able to support and assist in preparing and maintaining project management and risk information.
- Be excellent at liaising, communicating and building relationships with other internal departments, customers, partner organisations and contractors to respond to ad hoc queries and requests and also to support and represent the team.
- Be willing to support key work activities within aspects of development infrastructure, transport planning, geo-technical, environmental, highway engineering and property matters.
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set and recommend improvements to our project support processes.
- Have a professional approach and be able to prioritise competing demands and meet strict deadlines.
This is a project funded role until June 2024.
You can read more information about the project by clicking on the link below: https://www.woking.gov.uk/major-developments/a320-and-victoria-arch-infrastructure-improvement-scheme
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louisa Calam (Strategic Project Manager) on 07968 832 238.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th June 2020.
Given the current circumstances in the UK, interviews for this post will be carried out virtually using Zoom.
How to Apply
Woking Borough Council values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please apply online via the link provided.