HES is the London Borough of Havering’s commercial brand of support services to education establishments.
Our service providers are highly regarded by schools, academies, colleges and early years providers and have a long history of establishing strong partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders in these institutions so as to ensure high quality day-to-day support leading to positive outcomes for children and young people.
HES HR has over 20 years’ experience in providing comprehensive and high quality HR services to schools and educational settings both within and outside the borough.
We are centrally located in Romford Town centre, which is only 18 minutes from London Liverpool Street Station. Romford is in the hub of the Havering; our centralised bus system enables easy transports links across the entire borough.
We offer onsite subsidised car parking, easily accessible within the M25, A12, A406 and A127. We also offer SMART working to enable you to also work just as effectively from home
Grade 7- £34794-£38799pa
To market, develop and deliver specialist Employee Relations services to all types of schools inside and outside of Havering as a traded service and to provide corporate support to and behalf of Community schools within Havering.
- Provide specialised HR expertise and advice to Maintained and Academy schools both in and out of Havering who purchase the service
- Provide a seamless HR service to take account of the ever changing educational landscape and the specific needs and objectives for schools who purchase the service
- Provide a high quality professional HR operational service, advising on a range of HR activity to include complex casework, organisational change and TUPE transfers for schools who purchase the service
- Provision of high quality and consistent HR advice, guidance and support in a cost effective and efficient way that positively impacts on effectiveness, efficiency and confidence of those schools who purchase the service
- Ensure all schools who purchase the service receive effective and consistent HR advice on the interpretation of HR policies, procedures and legislation
- Customer relationship management of schools who purchase services from HES HR
- To review and develop HR Policies, for schools who purchase the service and any Havering Community schools who do not
- To review and develop HR Policies, Management Toolkits and Coaching Modules for schools who purchase the service
- To promote and sell new and existing services to schools who do not already purchase service from HES HR to develop the traded service.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience at a senior level within the HR profession.
- Demonstrable knowledge of both HR policies and procedures and employment law
- Proven track record of influencing senior managers in a complex and/or multi site organisation
- Has taken the lead role in multiple disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence, organisational change and TUPE cases
- Reviewed and amended HR policies and procedures and proposing recommendations for improvements.
- Produced management guidance on how to implement a policy or procedure
- Implemented opportunities for promotion of existing services
- Supported the implementation of a HR business development strategy
- Marketing either self or own service to own or an external organisation
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note the CV's will not be accepted
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
The HR Consultant will be required to travel to schools both within and external to Havering.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Peter Whitelock at email@example.com
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 1 June 2020 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interview date to be confirmed.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770.