Please note, this role has attracted a high number of applications and will therefore be closing at midday (12pm) on 27th May 2020.
About the role
Surrey County Council's Mental Health Service is looking for a person who shares our values of trust, respect, and responsibility and listening to our staff.
Our vision is ‘Working with all our partners to make a difference to the lives of people, through trusted, personalised and universal social care support, so people have choice and control and can maximise their wellbeing and independence in their local community.’
- You will be undertaking general and varied administrative duties in order to provide support to the Resource Team and the frontline operational teams within Adult Social Care, Mental Health services
- Using the county council’s SAP system, you will record time administration data and purchasing of goods and services
- You will deal with complex telephone enquiries, a wide range of correspondence and diary management
- Occasionally you will take both notes and minutes for meetings
- You will work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- As this is a generalist role, which means your duties will be varied according to the needs of the service
We can offer support you training and development, along with a variety of other benefits.
We’re looking for candidates who...
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are well organised and able to work under pressure, on occasions, to tight deadlines
- Have excellent customer service and IT skills
- Have previous experience of working in a busy office environment and have the ability to work as part of a team whilst being proactive and using your initiative
- Have a strong work ethic and understand the needs of confidentiality in a sensitive role such as this
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion about the vacancy please contact Linda Miller on 07970 440033 or email email@example.com or Christine Creasey on 07968 833247
We look forward to receiving your application.
This job advert closes at 12pm (midday) on 27th May 2020.
Interviews will take place week commencing 8th June 2020. However dependent on the COVID-19 situation prevailing at that time, interviews may be conducted via Skype or telephone.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.