About the Role
Are you an experienced and creative democratic services or governance professional? Are you keen to enhance your career in governance whilst also developing and implementing fresh ideas as part of our improvement journey?
If the answers to these questions are yes, then Reigate and Banstead Borough Council have the role you’ve been waiting for, with a salary that is amongst the most competitive in the area.
Working closely with people at a high level, including senior officers and elected members, you will contribute to some of the most important decisions the council makes for residents, and make those happen. Being a trusted officer, you will be relied upon to give sound advice and guidance and build strong working relationships with senior officers and members. You will gain a broad prospective on the varied work that is done across the council as well as being at the forefront of decision making.
About the Person
• We want you to bring us your experience of working with elected members and senior officers, delivering confident and reliable meeting support, with a positive approach to improving, or fine-tuning, existing ways of working. You will play a key role in helping us to develop and embed good decision-making at every level of the Council.
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a deep understanding of working within a political environment, but most importantly, you will be pro-active, dynamic and inspiring, someone with fresh ideas who can help us do things better.
• You will be self-motivated and able to work on your own, or in a team. Your workload will be varied, and you will need to be flexible about which meetings you cover, which will mostly be in the evenings.
• It is important that you are a seasoned user of the Modern.gov (CIVICA) system. Reigate and Banstead Borough Council was amongst the first authority to run a virtual Planning Committee meeting, and experience of conducting virtual meetings on MS Teams and/or Cisco Webex would be an advantage.
• You are likely to have a degree or equivalent experience.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer a flexible work environment, support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Alex Berry, Deputy Democratic Services Manager, on 01737 276815.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 8 June 2020
Interview date: 18 June 2020
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.