Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
Salary: PO12 £66,732- £72,438 (permanent contract)
Location: The Magistrates Building, Town Hall Complex, Forest Road E17 4JF
Working Pattern: Full Time
Closing Date: 07/06/2020 at 11:59 PM
There is a real buzz about our corner of London. Our distinctive culture-led approach to economic growth and regeneration is driving one of the fastest growing local economies in London. We are intensely ambitious for Waltham Forest, investing in the Borough’s future, and creating a legacy that will beneﬁt our residents for years to come.
We aim to be bold in harnessing the power of our unique strengths and assets – our communities, our people, our staff and our heritage. We are growing the delivery team to accelerate our direct £550 million Capital Programme and implementing our plans for new neighbourhoods and 18,000 new homes by 2030.
Working in Capital Delivery, part of the Economic Growth and Housing Delivery Directorate, you will play a critical part in the continued transformation of the Council. The current capital budget for the Council includes £20 million p.a. on improving our schools and providing future places, and a 5-year investment plan in corporate office, commercial and housing schemes. Key Corporate and Strategic projects that the team is taking forward include:
- Town Hall Campus – closure of older, less efficient offices and transfer of staff into a new civic building on the Town Hall campus. The feeder sites, along with areas of the Campus itself, will be redeveloped to deliver over 500 homes.
- Coronation Square – redevelopment of a prominent Council-owned site to deliver 750 new homes, a civic square, sports hall, health hub, nursery and retail and commercial space.
- EMD Theatre – restoration of the Grade II* Listed EMD Cinema in Walthamstow. Soho Theatre will operate the building as a new cultural venue for North East London. The 1,000-seat venue will be a local theatre with a national profile.
- Juniper House – Redevelopment of Juniper House, a former council office, to deliver a mixed-use development, including residential and commercial space.
- Lea Bridge – Redevelopment of Council land to deliver a new and improved entrance to Lea Bridge Station, circa 300 new homes, of which 50% will be affordable and new cultural and commercial facilities.
A B O U T Y O U
As a Project Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of project managers taking forward all aspects of significant construction projects with values up to £200 million from stage RIBA Zero to Seven. As such, you will have both significant practical experience of infrastructure projects or other projects of a comparable level of complexity. Prince2 and construction-related qualifications are advantageous.
Evidence of working with, supporting and influencing senior clients and stakeholders is essential.
A B O U T U S
Waltham Forest has changed drastically. Good schools, great parks, excellent cultural facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurship are making it a place that people want to call home.
Working for Waltham Forest comes with a fantastic benefits package that prioritises a healthy work-life balance. As well as receiving a generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme and flexible working opportunities, you’ll experience a fantastic, modern working environment with up to date tech service and plentiful opportunities for promotion and personal development.
A P P L I C A T I O N P R O C E S S
We have made the application process as straightforward as possible and just ask that you complete our online process providing further information against a couple of specific questions with an attached CV.
This recruitment campaign is being managed by JGP Resourcing. Please contact Rosemeena Khankhara for more information about this role on either Rosemeena.Khankhara@jgp.co.uk or 020 7427 8254.
Longlisting and telephone interviews by JGP which you may be invited to undertake a 30-minute telephone interview: w/c 08th June
You will be notified if invited to interview: w/c 15th June
If successfully recruited for this role, we offer the assurance that we will provide you with a start date and onboard you (either remotely or in the office) during these unpresidential times.
How to apply
Please apply online by clicking on the link below. (Attached JD)
Do you have the right to work in the UK? Knock out question
Do you hold relevant project management experience and/or qualifications?
- Please summarise your relevant experience including examples of similar projects/programmes you have worked on and outlining your key responsibilities. Please make references to budgets and staff you have been responsible for where applicable. (500 words)
- Please bullet point your key achievements. (300 Words)
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.