Our existing terms, conditions and benefits are currently under review.
London Borough of Tower Hamlets is recruiting for a project officer to work within the Tackling Poverty team, leading on our financial inclusion and crisis support work. The Mayor of Tower Hamlets has in recent years committed £6.6m to a programme to tackle poverty and support the most vulnerable residents. A key part of this is making access to support available during crises, through our crisis grants – the Resident Support Scheme.
This role will be primarily to explore options to expand our Resident Support Scheme to include a loans-based element. This will help to make the funding for our RSS go further, supporting more low-income residents, and providing vital support to those who need it most. This will be as part of the LGA’s Reshaping Financial Support programme.
The successful candidate will also contribute to a wide range of different projects and initiatives undertaken by the Tackling Poverty Team, delivering against a high-profile Mayoral priority and making a real difference to Tower Hamlets residents.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. To lead on projects related to financial support, including a review the Resident Support crisis grant scheme, and the investigation of a loans-based element to expand the scheme.
2. To carry out a wide range of duties that support delivery of the Council’s tackling poverty programme.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To support the delivery of the Council’s Tackling Poverty Programme.
2. To lead a project to evaluate, expand and improve the Resident Support crisis grant scheme.
3. To lead for the Council on the LGA’s Reshaping Financial Support programme and the Co-ordinated Crisis Support programme, to improve co-ordination of crisis provision and reduce repeat instances of crisis for our residents.
4. To build strategic relationships with key partners in the borough.
5. To identify new and emerging needs that the Council needs to take into account as part of its tackling poverty and financial inclusion agenda.
6. To support the development and implementation of other projects as part of the Council’s Tackling Poverty programme.
7. To devise and implement effective communications and community engagement plans with a wide range of audiences, including influencing partners to deliver good outcomes.
8. To work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.