Grade: Scale 5
Hours per week: 21, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 8am—3.30pm, term time
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: 3 September 2020
Fixed term for: Maternity leave cover until 31 August 2021
Closing date: 3 July (midday)
Interview date: 14 July
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
County Oak Avenue, Brighton, BN1 8LU, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 293677
About the role
Carden is a friendly, welcoming two form entry primary school with a nursery. The school is very inclusive and has a strong, caring ethos. Which is enriched by pupils from a range of social and cultural backgrounds. At Carden we also have a provision for children with EHCPs for Speech , Language and communication needs from Reception to Year 6.
We require an energetic and committed person to fill the post of a Learning Mentor. You will be working with pupils who have a range of social, emotional and behavioural issues. You will work as part of an existing Learning, Mentor Team, supporting indivduals and groups and helping run our Breakfast and / or Lunchtime clubs.
We require the following skills & qualities
- Experience and evidence of success in including and supporting pupils with a wide range of social, emotional and behavioural issues
- Knowledge/experience of running groups and the ability to plan, organise and monitor programmes for key pupils
- Ability to develop positive relationships with key pupils, their families and promote positive values and behaviours
- Ability to work effectively with other members of staff in school
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilience and a good sense of humour
We can offer
- A fantastic group of children who love to learn
- A great team of leaders
- A respectful and kind working environment with colleagues who are passionate and driven
- Comprehensive, ongoing staff training and development
- A committed and supportive governing body
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 3 July 2020 with interviews to be held on Tuesday 14 July 2020.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like more information please email the School Office (email@example.com) unfortunately we are currently not able to offer visits to the school. We really look forward to hearing from you.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.