Grade: Scale 3
Hours per week: 32.5, Monday—Friday 8.30am—3.30pm), term time
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: 3 September 2020
Closing date: 3 July (midday)
Interview date: 15 July
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
County Oak Avenue, Brighton, BN1 8LU, email: email@example.com
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 293677
About the role
Carden is a two form entry primary school with a nursery. The school is very inclusive and has a strong, caring ethos. The Governors would like to appoint 1 Full time individual needs assistants/ teaching assistants to support individual pupil (s) and groups of pupils in school.
The successful applicant will:-
- Support the pupils learning, physical , social, emotional and communication needs within the classroom and during social activities. This could include working in the Speech and Language Centre provision at Carden.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of the needs of children with Special Educational Needs such as ASC, Speech, Language and Communication difficulties and cognition and learning.
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team with professionals to maximise the pupils’ development and communication skills and deliver programmes to support the children’s needs.
- Be resilient and able to work independently, flexibly and use their own initiative to respond to the children’s needs
- Be committed to inclusion and have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
We would offer you a very rewarding and enjoyable position in an exceptionally warm and friendly environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like more information please email the School Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) Unfortunately we are not currently able to offer visits to the school. We really look forward to hearing from you.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.