Maternity cover - 33.75 hours per week
8.30am – 3.45pm • Term time only plus five inset days
£14,664 to £16,513
The Federation of Wilson Primary and Oxford Road Community School are seeking to appoint a flexible, hardworking and welcoming Admin Assistant to work in our main school reception area.
Initially a maternity cover at Wilson Primary but with the possibility for other opportunities within the Federation in the future.
Your duties include:
• Being a friendly face to parents, staff, visitors and pupils.
• Phone/reception duties including communicating with parents and staff by text, email etc.
• Providing efficient administrative support across many aspects of the school.
• Liaising with staff for the booking and coordination of a wide range of activities.
• Maintaining accurate staff and pupil records.
• Utilising various admin databases and web-based systems.
You will need:
• Excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and confident in the use of other operating systems.
• To be well organised, approachable and enjoy varied tasks.
• Recent experience, skills or knowledge of reception or admin in a school setting would be an advantage.
Further information regarding this position can be found on the school website www.wilsonprimary.co.uk/vacancies.html
Due to the current situation visits to the school are not possible however please direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come back to you.
Completed forms must be received by the closing date.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: Thursday 28 May 2020.
Interviews will be by video: w/c 1 June 2020 or w/c 8 June 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
These positions requires an enhanced DBS check.