We help our children and young people to be able to fulfil their potential in life. We will help you to be at your best so that we can be at ours.
You will be given the time you need to support Children and young people – where we are known for our high standards.
You will be able to manage an allocated caseload of children and young people with special educational needs, in relation to the Education, Health and Care planning process, in a timely and compliant way.
Along the way, you will have the support and training you need to thrive.
We do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done.
Because we are Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The service consists of a multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people, schools, colleges, businesses, universities, social workers and foster carers to support young people through school and onto either further education, employment or training.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To lead the management of data and develop clear systems and processes with the Special Educational Needs Team
- To be responsible for all data requirements of the SEND Team in relation to children and young people with EHC Plans and pupils’ placements
- To manage and maintain the collection and analysis of Special Educational Needs (SEND) data in order to meet statutory and corporate requirements, to support policy and planning and support the performance of the local authority’s SEND Team
- To develop and be responsible for systems for the collection, analysis and auditing of data and caseload information on pupils with SEND and disabilities
- To support the clear monitoring of High Needs Funding to ensure SEND provision is delivered within the agreed budget, therefore keeping clear records of placements costs
- To ensure that statutory returns are met and that data with the local authority is handled and managed effectively
- Preparation of several reports covering the provisions required for statue & under the BF Learning & Achievement Strategy
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
To be considered for this role, you must have Proven knowledge and experience of data systems and use of associated ICT, ideally Knowledge of the 1996 Education Act, Children and Families Act 2014, and associated SEND Code of Practice and Guidance documentation.
In addition knowledge of the statutory framework for assessment, issuing and maintenance of Education, Health and Care Plans with reference to pupils with special needs.
Interviews will be held on 23rd June 2020.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name: Shirlie Graham / Lynda Jane Price
General enquiries please contact SEN General enquiries on 01344 354039
Quoting SEND Finance & Data Officer