Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
It is an exciting time to join Redbridge Council’s new Rent Recovery Service within Housing Systems and Resources. The service has recently undergone transformation so that it is better equipped to embrace change in response to significant legislative, financial and demographic challenges. We are now looking to recruit a Rent Recovery Support Officer to join us in our vision to secure sustainable housing solutions for all through working in partnership with customers.
About the role
The Rent Recovery Support Officer will work within the 1st Stage Rent Recovery Team to maximise rent recovery from customers in Temporary Accommodation and in Council Housing in accordance with rent recovery procedures. You will be responsible for contacting tenants in a systematic way to proactively pursue their rent arrears and respond to enquiries. You will manage a busy and varied caseload, transferring customers to the 2nd Stage Rent Recovery team and the Complex Case Team in accordance with rent arrears policy. You will have excellent record keeping skills, keeping accurate and up-to-date records of action taken to recover income and arrears and to monitor and record the impact of the actions taken.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with:
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers to ensure that rent recovery priorities are clear
- Good numeracy literacy and IT skills
- Experience with the use of financial information systems, spreadsheets, databases
- Willing to learn about Local Government operating processes and decision-making processes and the ability to operate in that environment
- The ability to work to tight timescales and cope with pressures and deadlines
- The ability to prepare documents and reports
- The ability to maintain accurate record systems
To apply, please visit: https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/Jobs
For an informal discussion, please contact Sanjay Mandil, Acting Rent Recovery Services Manager, on 020 8708 7651 email@example.com
Ambitious for Redbridge