Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting accomplished Social Workers qualified as Best Interest Assessors, who are looking to develop their career in an innovative local authority, committed to realising potential.
You will join our Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) Team within Adult Social Care, ensuring that residents deprived of their liberty are adequately safeguarded.
You will be a qualified Best Interest Assessor with experience of working with Older Adults and/or People with Disabilities.
You will be innovative and creative with a willingness to explore new models of working to improve the outcomes for our service users. Moreover, you will be a highly motivated individual who is able to build strong relationships to deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable people.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.