Salary range: £31,548 - £41,706 p.a. inc. (plus £1200 pa market supplement for social workers who have completed an ASYE programme)
• For Senior Practitioners (PO3 level) in hard to recruit roles, a £5000 ‘golden hello’, subject to eligibility.
• Brand new 1 and 2-bed Key Worker Housing apartments available on a subsidised rental basis, for permanent social workers from early 2021.
• Competitive starting salaries plus a retention payment equivalent to £1200 per year for Social Work qualified roles.
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic Centre and other locations from time to time
For more information, please visit: www.brent.gov.uk/socialworkbrent
We are looking for ASYE’s, Social Workers and Senior Practitioners for available vacancies within Localities (Fieldwork teams, MASH) and Looked After Children and Permanency Services.
Come and Grow your Social Work Career in Brent
There has never been a better time to join Brent as a Social Worker
We are an Ofsted rated “Good” authority with “Outstanding” grading for the service we provide children in care and care leavers
We are building a social work future for our children and their families and we would love you to be part of it. Our ambitious career development scheme for social workers, well-established practice framework and a number of tailored training programmes are amongst examples of Brent’s continuous support to grow the potential of our own social workers and managers. Our smaller team structure with manageable caseloads and practice consultants supporting social workers in delivering services based around families’ needs allow more relational and purposeful social work.
Our social work teams are supported by a fully permanent senior management team committed to building effective social work services.
Brent is a great place to work. The borough is also one of the most culturally diverse in the UK. With great transport links, the huge ongoing regeneration of Wembley Park, Iconic Wembley Stadium and our exciting plans to host the 2020 London Borough of Culture, Brent is a borough on the up.
Our Social Workers
• Provide an excellent social work service that enables our children and young people to fulfil their potential and achieve positive outcomes.
• Ensure that the voice of the child is always heard and that the views of our young people are at the heart of all of our case planning.
• Create genuine partnerships with parents and carers.
• Work in partnership with other agencies to provide effective and coordinated childcare.
Our benefits and support package to staff is extensive, comparing favourably with other London boroughs. We offer:
• For Senior Practitioners in LAC (Court work and work with LAC) and Localities Teams (undertaking assessments, CIN, CP work), a £5000 ‘golden hello’.
• Competitive starting salaries plus a retention payment equivalent to £1200 per year for Social Worker roles.
• Brand new 1 and 2-bed Key Worker Housing apartments available on a subsidised rental basis, for permanent social workers from early 2021. These are on the Wembley Park site, just a 5-minute walk from the Brent Civic Centre. The apartments will provide social workers with a wonderful opportunity to live in a new development close to lots of shops, restaurants and leisure opportunities..
• Manageable caseloads across all teams within a small team model, supported by social work practice consultants who ensure reflective practice is embedded.
• A practice framework that provides sturdy roots and areas for you to grow your practice.
• Minimum of 10 days of training per year. Our learning opportunities are designed to enhance direct social work practice through the Brent Practice Framework.
• A career progression policy that maps out how you will grow your career in Brent – from ASYE to Team Manager and beyond.
• Probably the best supportive technology amongst London local authorities – through the use of iPhones, iPads and lightweight laptops.
• A modern and vibrant work environment within Wembley Park or our brand new purpose built office space at Willesden Library in the south of the borough, both close to tube links.
• A culture of flexible working including working from home and remote working that reduces barriers for effective working – supported by technology and other resources such as Zipcars.
• Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
• A host of other rewards and benefits such as a childcare deposit loan scheme, reduced cost gym membership, cycle to work scheme plus many more.
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any queries, please contact recruitment team at email@example.com
Closing Date: 14 June 2020 (23:00)
Assessment & Interview Date: w/c 6 July 2020
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the information you provide will be treated fairly and confidentially.
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.