Term-time only, Part-time: 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
£10,618 to £11,958 per year
Permanent Contract (6 months probationary period)
From September 2020 we are looking to appoint an ELSA/Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and dedicated staff team.
The post holder will be required to work independently with groups of challenging pupils and to support the class teacher to contribute towards the design, evaluation and modification of work programmes as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children within a school setting
- is competent at using and learning a variety of technology
- is willing to complete further training
- has experience and training working with challenging children (this is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate.)
- will be a good communicator
- is passionate about children’s learning and every child achieving their full potential
- is able to adapt and respond to the developing needs of a child and can work well within a team
We can offer:
- a caring, happy school with a clear vision for all of our children’s education
- high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- experienced, committed and supportive colleagues
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Unfortunately due to Covid 19, visits to our school are not possible at the moment, but if you would like to arrange an informal chat with the Executive Head Teacher please call Nicola Browne 0118 937 5505 or email email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conferencing.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: We reserve the right to consider applications upon receipt.
Interview date: We will interview upon receipt of successful applications