This is an 18 month fixed term contract.
About the role
This is an excellent fixed term contract or secondment opportunity to be part of a team delivering an exciting strategic programme of transformational change at Surrey County Council to upgrade or replace our existing SAP system which supports business critical Finance, HR, Payroll and Procurement processes.
Tell me more…
You will be joining at the very start of the implementation phase of the programme and will be working with business subject matter experts and the implementation partner to facilitate / coordinate the delivery of business change, including communication and engagement, for a functional work stream according to the agreed Business Change and Engagement Approach.
What sort of person are we looking for?
- You will be a ‘people person’, able to engage and build relationships with colleagues from all spheres of the Council and work with them to understand the impacts of change and help them in realising the benefits to them and their role.
- You will excel at liaising with colleagues working in other Change Programmes, able to quickly understand connections and correlations between programmes, but always mindful of the impact on the end user.
- You will have an inquisitive mind, able to work collaboratively with subject matter expert (SME) colleagues, asking pertinent – and sometimes challenging - questions to build up an understanding of process changes and organisational impact.
- You will find the challenge of building an advocate network rewarding – feeding their knowledge, supporting their activities and watching the network grow towards self-sufficiency.
- You will be an enthusiastic, proactive, self-starter – able to plan, draft and deliver communication and engagement activity, providing updates and supporting materials as required.
The small print…
This job is based out of County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DW until County Hall is vacated. It will also require travel to sites across the county when required. Remote working is fully supported with provision of a light-weight laptop and remote access technology.
The role will start with the Implementation phase of the programme as 1.0 FTE from Sept 2020 and run for 18 months to 1st March 2022.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
If you are interested in this Fixed Term Contract position, please apply including an expression of interest in the role and a copy of your CV by COP Friday 29th May. We will follow up with applicants directly regarding selection steps shortly after the advert closes.
Still need more info?
If you have any questions regarding this position or the project, please email email@example.com.
This advert closes at 23:59 on Friday 28th May 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.