This is an 15 month fixed term contract.
About the role
This is an excellent fixed term contract or secondment opportunity to be part of a team delivering an exciting strategic programme of transformational change at Surrey County Council to upgrade or replace our existing SAP system which supports business critical Finance, HR, Payroll and Procurement processes.
Tell me more…
You will be joining at the very start of the implementation phase of the programme and will be playing a lead role in the transformation of Accounts Payable processes including their design, implementation and embedding across the organisation - for more information on the position, please review the attached Job Description and detailed responsibilities.
What sort of person are we looking for?
- You relish a challenge and will be excited by this opportunity to have a lead role working with other subject matter experts, to design future processes and drive the required change to ensure their effective implementation across the organisation.
- You have expert knowledge of Accounts Payable processes in an ERP environment.
- You enjoy leading improvement projects, will be respected within your organisation and be able to engage stakeholders, influence and drive change to enable the programme to deliver its strategic objectives.
- You will be excellent at communicating and building relationships with other services, programme team members, the Systems Integrator and ERP vendor, ensuring information is shared and inter-dependencies are effectively managed.
- You will have a collaborative work style, coordinating and providing direction to other subjective matter experts to enable them to contribute effectively and fulfil their responsibilities on the programme
- You will be an excellent team player, the sort or person that thrives working in a group of people all tasked with completing a large, complex, interdependent and ambitious task!
The small print…
This job is based out of County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DW until County Hall is vacated. It will also require travel to sites across the county when required. Remote working is fully supported with provision of a light-weight laptop and remote access technology.
The role will start with the Implementation phase of the programme as 1.0 FTE from Sept 2020 and run for 15th months to 1st December 2021 when the systems are due to go live. After this point the role requirement will likely become 0.5 FTE until 1st March 2022.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
If you are interested in this Fixed Term Contract position, please apply including an expression of interest in the role and a copy of your CV by COP Friday 29th May. We will follow up with applicants directly regarding selection steps shortly after the advert closes.
Still need more info?
If you have any questions regarding this position or the project, please email email@example.com.
This advert closes at 23:59 on Friday 28th May 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.