About the role
This is a full-time position working in the Crowborough/Forest Row area
Location: GP surgeries within area but please note Office/Administration work to be carried out within Age UK East Sussex Newhaven offices
- Salary: £13.66 per hour / £24,861.20 pa
- Hours: 35 hours per week (would consider two part-time candidates to fulfil hours)
- Fixed term contract until March 2022 with the opportunity for an extension
- Knowledgeable and understanding of the issues which can impact on the health and wellbeing of older people
- Able to work to your own initiative and as part of a team
- A great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Do you have:
- Experience in person-centred planning
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Confidence to market and expand a service
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of signposting and giving out information
We are seeking a Community Navigator to develop and deliver the service in partnership with local GP surgeries, supporting patients to ‘navigate’ their way around health, social care and voluntary sector services.
In this role you will be enabling older people to improve their health and wellbeing and reduce their demand on statutory health services. This will be achieved through person-centred action planning and guided conversation, to provide short term interventions which have a positive effect on patients’ lives. Leading and supporting Community Navigator volunteers will also be a part of the role.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment policy.
For further details and an application pack about this exciting opportunity, please visit https://www.ageuk.org.uk/eastsussex/job-vacancies/
Alternatively you can contact the Recruitment Team on 07984 034686 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All fully completed applications must be received no later than 4pm on the Monday 1 June 2020. Interviews will be taking place on the Thursday 11 June 2020.
Registered Charity Number 1139470
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.