The oneSource HR and Organisational Development team is a shared service providing both strategic and operational advice, guidance and support to our customers at a time of fast paced and exciting period of change. We strive to ensure our services support the organisational workforce issues our councils deal with daily as well as the longer term planning for the future of local government, enabling customers to make more effective and informed business decisions.
As part of the HR Customer and Business Management team, you will be helping to shape the delivery of high quality and consistent support and process management, responsible for supporting HR&OD, undertaking a range of duties to ensure that the service activities can be provided effectively, professionally and efficiently, that positively impacts customer efficiency and confidence.
Further information is available in the attached job profile.
This is a Newham post and will be based at Havering, Town Hall in Romford but with some travel to other offices in both Newham and Havering as required.
HR Business Advisor
Grade: SO1 (£29.766.00 pa - £30,711.00 pa)
You will provide:
- A high quality and professional standard of service, advising on a range of HR and business activities including job evaluation, IR35, managing job profile library, advising on the application of related policies and procedures and ensuring delivery meets service needs and performance standards
- Provide advice, guidance and support that is efficient, cost effective and impacts positively on customer confidence
- Support the implementation of service improvement projects, working collaboratively with colleagues with HR&OD and other departments that promotes a positive image of the service and nurtures effective working relationships.
- Account management support to a range of external customers, small businesses, managing them in line with service agreements and assessing new service requests and exploring opportunities for growth the generate income for the service.
- Develop customer feedback opportunities, internally and externally, engaging and following up on feedback and provide recommendations for service improvement.
- On-going coordination of a range of financial processes, service level agreements to ensure income is managed accordingly and implementing changes to our processes.
- Coordinate the annual calendar of events, ad-hoc seminars, presentations, training for HR&OD in line with the needs of the service.
- Provide support to assist in HR&OD projects as required
- Deliver a responsive and flexible service that supports organisational and service priorities
- You will be CIPD qualified or possess equivalent demonstrable experience and have a good knowledge of HR administrative and financial processes
- Be highly organised, flexible with an ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ensure in all aspects the highest confidentiality is maintained and queries and complaints are dealt with in a sensitive and timely manner.
- Excellent IT skills, maximising use of systems such as Microsoft Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint and other IT software for example Oracle.
- Experience of interpreting data, storing and presenting data in a variety of formats purposes
- Excellent customer service skills and implementing business improvement
- Projects a positive, professional and customer focus attitude, is responsive and forward thinking to achieve outcomes and able to meet deadlines demonstrating flexibility
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 0203 373 0909.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 26th May 2020, however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770