Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
We are looking for an experienced Application Support Analyst to join our IT & Digital Services team. The role will focus on providing applications support to users on a wide range of business applications covering Housing, Highways and Planning.
Working as part of a team of application support analysts, you will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support including writing SQL queries, data analysis and reporting. You will have good analytical and communication skills to resolve complex issues and proven database administration experience.
The ability to communicate effectively with and provide support to our customers and the team is a must.
You will have experience of:
- 1st and 2nd Line support of business applications within a large organisation in a managed helpdesk environment, preferably in a public-sector organisation
- SQL Server experience
- Experience in use of spreadsheets, word processing, databases and reporting tools (e.g. MS Query, MS SQL, Crystal Reports, Power BI, Business Objects, Infomaker)
- Experience of common business applications and their uses such as document management, e-mail, internet/intranet, remote access software and user management software.
- Good communications skills / customer service skills
- Good understanding of GDPR
- Experience of Housing, Planning or Highways applications preferred
Experience of the following systems / applications would be an advantage: Confirm, Civica APP, Civica Automation (PTC Scheduler), APAS, Symphony, Northgate OHMS, Information @ Work, MapInfo.
Ambitious for Redbridge
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.