Grade: Scale 5
Hours per week: 30.42, term time
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2020
Closing date: 29 May (midnight)
Interview date: Week commencing 1 June
Completed application forms accepted online via the Apply link or by email/post direct to the school address: Whiteway Lane, Rottingdean, BN2 7HB, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 303109
About the role
We are seeking an Individual Needs Assistant (INA) to join our team full time from September, to support a child in our Reception class including at break and lunchtimes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be kind, patient and nurturing
- Have had experience in Early Years settings / classes
- Ideally have skills in supporting children with autism/speech and language difficulties
- Have an understanding of supporting pupils with complex SEND
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be an articulate team-player
- Have the ability to communicate professionally orally and in writing
- Have good organisational, planning and follow-through skills
- Enjoy the privilege of working with, and supporting children’s learning
- Be highly motivated and keen to learn
- Be willing to support children with intimate care needs
Working with the support of qualified teaching staff, you will be expected to contribute in the following areas:
- Working with and meeting professionals to develop provision to meet the child's individual needs
- Planning and preparation of activities and interventions to support the child’s individual needs
- Delivering small group interventions
- Participating in, and contributing to, a range of other teaching, learning and professional development experiences
- Maintaining lesson resources and records of achievements / progress
IF you are interested in applying for this role, application forms, a job description and person specification are available from Fleur Piddlesden, School Business Manager on email@example.com or call 01273 303109.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.