About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Supervising Social Worker specialising in Short Breaks and Disability within the Fostering Team based in Woking
The successful candidate will be part of a creative fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss, social pedagogy and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
The primary focus of the role will be assessing and supervising foster carers, as well as completing assessments for temporary approval under Regulation 24, supervising general and Connected Persons Foster carers, and carrying out general tasks within the wider fostering team.
Self-motivated and accustomed to working to deadlines, you will have good IT and communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Knowledge and or experience of working with children with disabilities/ additional needs in order to support and advise Foster carers in their caring role. We are looking for professionals who are as passionate about children with disabilities in Surrey as we are, and that means giving children with disabilities the opportunity to be heard, and listening to what they say
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to Looked After Children
- An ability to be able to work directly with the wider public, foster carers and young people, and be able to produce clear evidenced based and analytical assessments
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and occasional weekends, as the role includes attending recruitment events and home visits outside office hours.
- You need to be a qualified Social Worker registered with HCPC
The role is primarily based within the Fostering Team in Quadrant Court, Woking but as the Disability Specialist team you will need to be prepared to travel countywide and in some instances country-wide, therefore access to your own transport is essential.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
For an informal discussion please contact Louise Erskine on 01932 794165 or by email at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28th July 2020 with interviews to follow.
The Social Worker Start Up Package of up to £2,000 (paid pro rata for part time employees) for new employees joining Surrey County Council as a Social Worker in the Children, Schools and Families Directorate on a permanent basis.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.