An opportunity has arisen to join Bright Start Islington, a vibrant multiagency network of professionals supporting families with children under 5.
You will join a committed team offering sessions to support mums and dads such as baby massage, toy libraries and baby bounce, and we work closely with health visiting, breastfeeding and family support. As children grow, they need many opportunities to play and explore to become more independent and develop their skills. Friendship and support networks help parents to manage the daily challenges of parenthood. Bright Start Islington provides high quality activities during these years. We also help parents who are starting to think about preparing for work.
We are looking for skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic Early Childhood Practitioners to join our three Bright Start Islington Areas.
- Sc4 One full time position (35 hours per week)
- Sc4 Two-part time positions Mon - Wed (17.5 hours per week)
Fathers play a vital role in the early years and beyond. We are looking to develop our offer further. We welcome applications from people who:
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with parent/carers to support them in promoting their children’s learning and development at home.
- Understand the importance of play in young children’s development and learning
- Are Islington residents
- Male workers who have post qualifying experience of working with children under 5 in an early years setting
The post holders will be based across a Bright Start locality area and will be required to travel across different sites to deliver services.
In exchange for your commitment, hard work and flexibility you will receive competitive pay rates, annual leave and a local authority pension.
Closing date: Sunday 31th May 2020 at 23:59
Interview date: TBC
Due to COVID-19 Interviews are likely to take place remotely via video conferencing, more details will be provided at the time.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sharon Henry (West) 07753100304, Janine O’Brien (East) 07850938712, Ruth Cookson (South) 07525906622