Rosie had a say in her future. You can have a say in how we work.
We are looking for talented and passionate candidates to join a successful yet ever evolving team in making a positive difference to the vulnerable families of Bracknell Forest.
The successful candidate will join a stable and enthusiastic Children and Families First Contact & Assessment Team supported by a well-organised Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) working closely with a variety of associated partners to ensure appropriate and timely assessment and plans for children.
Bracknell Forest Council’s Children’s Social Care recognises that communication with children and young people is at the centre of a good child and family assessment thus you will be committed to a relational approach to social work and meaningful communication with children, young people and their families.
What it’s like working in our team…
The team predominately undertakes child in need assessments (Single Assessments) and child protection assessments (Section 47’s) using a range of child and adult tools to enhance these assessments, alongside opportunities to do some short-term intervention.
We know that social work is a demanding, complex but fulfilling role and we recognise the importance of equipping you with the tools to build meaningful relationships and make lasting changes to our vulnerable families. We support our social workers to deliver high quality social work through our comprehensive learning and development offer and good reflective supervision and peer support.
This is an opportunity to join a Local Authority who were assessed by OFSTED as ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features in the most recent Inspection of services for children in need of help and protection, children looked after and care leavers in May 2017.
Ofsted commented ‘’that children benefit from effective relationships with their social workers, and their needs are well understood and planned for. The quality of direct work undertaken with children is strong, and the voice of the child is evident throughout their assessments and reviews, informing plans.”
Located in the South East, Bracknell Forest is a small and friendly unitary authority in Berkshire, just 28 miles west of London, close to Reading and mid-way between the M3 and M4 corridors. It is a diverse area incorporating the best features of town and attractive countryside, with a brand-new town centre.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To assist the management team with reflective supervision of Social Workers, Family Workers (in line with the supervision policy) and other staff as required, including providing feedback and analysis of performance.
- To lead on strategy discussions working together with partner agencies to conclude with safe and proportionate threshold decisions. This includes working in a way that encourages and develops inter-agency co-operation.
- To challenge and support social workers to strive towards improved performance where possible and if necessary, support them through an improvement programme.
- To contribute, with management support, to the impartial provision of service in terms of allocation, assessment, care planning and interventions, through supervision and through the organisation of work requested.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- Generous relocation allowance
- Regular, reflective one to one and group supervisions.
- Excellent training, including Motivational Interviewing Training, and continuing professional development opportunities.
What we’re looking for…
Highly sought-after talent
Practitioners and managers who have an understanding and ability to embed a holistic approach
An ability to have strong and open relationships with management
An ability to have a real impact on vulnerable people
Interview date Monday 18th May.
Want to ask us a question?
If you have the skills, vision, enthusiasm and drive we are looking for, and if you want to work for a local authority that value and invest in staff, we would love to hear from you.
For more information on working for Bracknell Forest Children’s Social Care visit our micro-site www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/childrenssocialcare
If you would like to meet the team or have an informal discussion contact Julia Mackenzie, Team Manager on 01344 351317 or Andrew Ellery, Head of Service on 01344 351698.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.