The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. The Falkland Islands Government is offering an exciting opportunity for those who would like to live and contribute to this friendly community which benefits from unique wildlife, negligible pollution, low crime rates, the absence of traffic jams and a varied social calendar whilst enjoying the close proximity of South America and Antarctica as holiday destinations.
Based in our busy and well established Quarry/Asphalt Plant, the postholder will be required to assist in the day to day running of all aspects of the Materials section including the forward planning and development of the plant itself. Duties will also include implementing modern working practices, assisting in the implementation of Quality Management Schemes as required and working with staff to ensure that targets and objectives are met in a safe and timely manner.
Applicants should hold BSc Minerals Management or 10 years relevant work experience in a role of similar seniority, be a Member of the Institute of Quarrying or Institute of Asphalt and it would be desirable to hold a Shotfiring and Blast Design Certificate from Orica, proven experience and knowledge of hard rock quarrying and must hold a valid driving licence.
- Initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- Salary Range, basic starting salary £37k up to £45k per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Favourable income tax rates.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
If you are already based in the Falkland Islands, you may choose to submit your application in person at Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands. FIQQ 1ZZ. All overseas candidates should complete our online application form, providing as much detail as possible about your relevant employment history, education , skills and experience to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
Applications close 31 May 2020 at 2030 GMT.