Customer Engagement Manager (Ref: CSM)
Salary up to £35,000 per annum
This is an exciting time for the Council. We are undertaking a council-wide digital transformation programme designed to ensure our customers’ needs and expectations are met. We have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and highly experienced Customer Engagement Manager to lead the service in the new customer focused organisation.
With the ethos of ‘digital first’, the Customer Engagement Manager is responsible for:
- managing the customer contact centre which is an integral part of the new organisation
- leading the ongoing development and implementation of the Council’s new digital service (website)
- leading a team of highly skilled Customer Service Assistants
- promoting customer service ‘best practice’ and instilling this mindset throughout the organisation
- delivering quarterly customer service training to new starters
- managing the complaints process and analysing trends
- continual improvement of processes
- developing and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs)
This role is an instrumental part of the new organisational way of working, having contact with all teams around the Council. You will need at least 3 years’ experience in a senior customer service role and have excellent communication skills both written and verbally. You should have first-hand experience of website management and Google analytics. In addition, you should be a good negotiator with the ability to influence at senior levels and have experience of dealing with difficult situations. Previous public sector experience is advantageous.
You must be a dynamic individual with initiative, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and thrive in a fast paced, busy environment.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Application forms to be returned by 28 May 2020 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone Direct Line: 01992 785509, email: email@example.com