Job Title: Senior Care Worker (Multiple Positions)
Location: The Fairway, Green Lane, Highlands, Oxhey, Hertfordshire WD19 4LX
Salary Range:£20,344 up to £24,799 (£10.54 up to £12.85 per hour) depending on experience plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 37 hours per week and flexible hours available
Contract: 1 year Fixed Term Contract
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS
Due to difficult times regarding Covid-19, Hertfordshire County Council are re-opening The Fairway care home in South Oxhey, in the coming weeks.
At Fairway, we will be caring for people with various illnesses, needing to leave hospital but not ready to return home.
Every effort will be put in place to safeguard both staff and residents during this difficult time and we are committed to ensure that we are abiding by the government’s guidance on how to work safely in social care.
In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals, through our industry leading training and employee welfare programmes.
About the job:
- You will manage and lead the care assistant staff within the care home to follow and implement care and support plans for residents by enabling individuals to live as independently as possible in their own home, and within the wider community.
- You will be required to undertake direct personal care and support
- To support the Manager and Deputy Manager in all aspects of the home’s management and assist in the training of all staff in all aspects of their work in the home.
- To provide the care detailed in the residents individualised care plan using a person-centred approach
- Supporting residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining and promoting independence and ensuring privacy and respect.
- Support and assist residents with their meals as required in a dignified and respectful manner ensuring that a pleasant and calm atmosphere is maintained.
- To identify and meet the social, emotional and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation for social and recreational activities.
- To undertake the role of the keyworker in relation to each individual care homes guidelines.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and have gained NVQ/QCF level 2 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards an RQF level 3.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers, social work teams and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
Feel free to call and discuss your suitability on 01438 844 435.
*This is a rolling advert and candidates will be contacted as and when they apply*
What we can offer you:
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
Safeguarding:Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Should you be successful after application:
You will be contacted for a telephone interview
You will need to give your availability and any locations you are able to cover
You will need to send your ID documents by email in the event of a conditional offer of employment
You will be required to bring all original documents on the first day of your induction training.
We will be ‘fast tracking’ your appointment should you be successful
Please ensure you check your emails (including junk/spam accounts) regularly and action any requests sent to you to enable us to pay you and ensure you are compliant
All necessary training and personal protective equipment needed to conduct the role will be provided FOC.
Fixed Term and/or Secondment:This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.