The hours of work are 16 per week, with Wednesdays and Fridays being core days, exact hours per day are negotiable.
This is a very busy role and we are looking for somebody who is efficient, adaptable, flexible and has a can do attitude towards their work with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Good organisational skills are essential with the ability to deal with lots of different stakeholders from Head Teachers to the general public
Some of the tasks that will be undertaken are;
- Manage Freedom of Information requests and Department of Education annual return
- Provision of support and advice to schools on the above and Education Welfare related matters
- Support parents through the penalty notice process and answer queries relating to it
- Support legal proceedings on behalf of the Local Authority, in respect of parents' who do not ensure their children's regular attendance at school
- Assist in training events to support attendance leads in schools with attendance matters
- To provide support to the services offered by Education Welfare Service to schools in line with our traded service offer and complete administrative tasks conducive to this
- Administer the issuing of child employment and performance related licences
- Answering queries regarding education welfare and child employment from the general public
- Processing financial elements of the service such as raising Purchase Orders and processing invoices
- Managing communication to Education Welfare Service and being the first point of contact
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
For any queries, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711708 - 31551
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.