For any questions or an informal discussion, please contact Gregg Shemwell - Senior Estates Surveyor on 01273 336968.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the East Sussex County Council’s Estates Team and is ideal for someone who wants to develop their skills and knowledge in general practice surveying with a particular focus on management and landlord and tenant matters.
Your role will be focused on helping to manage the Council’s portfolio whilst identifying income and cost saving opportunities and be involved in;
- Negotiating and managing commercial property transactions with a focus on generating income streams and obtaining savings;
- Seeking new opportunities to provide the Council income through property;
- Negotiation of easements and wayleaves;
- Managing of property whilst vacant - pending reuse; letting or disposal;
- Providing advice and information to internal and external clients, including members of the public.
Property experience is desirable but not essential as on-the-job training and development to support you with your caseload will be available. You will be required to manage individual projects whilst working as part of a team.
The job requires the ability to travel around the County to areas inaccessible by public transport so you will ideally have a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle (hire/pool cars can be made available to staff at no personal cost on certain criteria being satisfied).
To be shortlisted for interview you will need to evidence that they meet the essential criteria within the job description.
Flexible working (working from home or one of our drop-in centres located across the County) is supported and encouraged where possible. A laptop and mobile telephone will also be supplied.
The post comes with an initial 21 days annual leave (excludes concessionary and extra statutory days), local government salary-related pension offered as well as access to our Wellbeing and Benefits Portal.
Candidates looking for part-time employment will also be considered for this role.