Catering Services are looking for dynamic two Mobile Chefs to work at various school sites within the Borough of Enfield for Term Time Work.
32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
The salary as advertised is for full time work, the position offered is part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
In order to be considered for a Mobile Chef Supervisor position you will need:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Professional Cooking
- Experience in managing groups of staff, on-job-training and appraisals
- Proven excellence in cooking skills
- Ability to exercise budgetary controls and carry out clerical duties
- Commitment to achieving the catering mark standards (Soil Association)
- Able to manage the cashless system at site level
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate which will need to be maintained. The successful candidate will be expected to work towards a level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Knowledge of nutritional standards for school meals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to travel in and around the borough at short notice.
Enfield Council offers free Internet access at local libraries to assist you in applying for council vacancies.
If you have any questions about the position, please call Marianna Georgiou on 020 8132 1281
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 03rd April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
The salary advertised is for full time work, the positions offered are part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Marianna Georgiou 020 8132 1281 for an informal discussion.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.