School: The New North Academy
Location: Islington, London
Contract type and term: Permanent & Full time
Salary Grade: Inner London MPS / UPS
Actual Salary: £30,480 - £49,571 per annum
Required from: Sept 2020
Chart the course to your successful future at The New North Academy: An exciting place to work, learn and develop your skills and talent. Join us and find your #TrueNorth
We are looking for an excellent and forward thinking teacher to join our fantastic team and help us reach our next destination of Outstanding. We seek a teacher who is keen to secure their position at New North.
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated close to both the Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road stations. Our community is very diverse and we serve an area of significant deprivation.
We have the flexibility across our team for teachers to join us in either Key Stage, but priority would be given to excellent teachers with KS1 experience.
- A fantastic, resilient, dynamic classroom practitioner?
- Passionate about learning and what children CAN do?
- Able to inspire and excite children, staff and families with creative approaches to learning and teaching?
- Eager to share and utilise the passions and interests you have to meet the needs of our children and help them ‘think outside the box?’
- Ready to blow away the cobwebs and step up to playing your part in our continued journey to excellence?
We can offer you:
- A committed, genuinely supportive, forward looking team – all keen to work together to see just what we can achieve together
- Fabulous pupils to work with – who we believe CAN achieve great things
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- An exciting place to work – with fabulous buildings and outdoor spaces
- A bright future. Leaders, governors and our whole school team are ambitious for our school’s future. We have a great deal to offer and share and are eager to ‘put our school on the map!’
The New North Academy was formed from the merger of two schools in 2004. We moved into our new building, which enjoys state of the art facilities, in Easter 2007.
In September 2019 we joined the Learning in Harmony Trust and we have re-focused our vision for where our school can go. As a result, this is a really exciting time to be part of our school’s on-going development and allows potential candidates to share with us their own areas of particular strength. There may well be opportunities to utilise your areas of excellence across our school.
Ofsted judged us to be Good in September 2016.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page on our website, TES and Islington Jobs.
Closing date: 16th April 2020
Interview date: 28th April 2020
The New North Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to declare.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
To apply for this job, please click here: https://learninginharmony.careers.eteach.com/application-register?vacancyId=1098042&lang=en-GB?source=islingtonjobs