In the North East of England and part of the wider Tees Valley sub-region, Darlington is a world class location that offers a great place to live and work.
Darlington has outstanding assets of excellent transport links (Teesside International Airport, Darlington Station that is served by the East Coast Main Line and Trans-Pennine services and the A1/A66 strategic road network), high achieving schools, good quality residential areas and a fantastic quality of life.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Public Health.
The role sits within the Childrens and Adults Directorate, is part of the Council’s Chief Officer Board and is the principal advisor on all public health matters to elected members, officers and partners.
With a strong vision for the Borough that is focused on reducing inequalities, our Director of Public Health is fundamental to driving success, through leadership of the Public Health team.
You’ll be ambitious for ensuring good health and wellbeing outcomes, with energy and passion to achieve. An experienced senior manager, with a demonstrable track record of delivering improvements and results.
We strive together to empower communities to take action for themselves, through robust partnerships and relationships that are grounded in mutual trust.
There is potential for a relocation package to be available.
The rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
- 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays and the option to purchase 5 more.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
- Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
- Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
- Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Miriam Davidson, Director of Public Health on 01325 406203.
Shortlisting Date: Thursday 18 June 2020
Interview Date: Monday 06 July 2020