Assistant Head Teacher
Contract Status: Full-time, fixed term (1 year)
Salary Grade Range: Leadership L7 to L11 depending on experience
Salary Range: £55,477 to £60,404 per annum
The Executive Head Teacher and Governors at Newington Green Primary School are looking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher from September 2020 for one year fixed term.
The role of Assistant Head Teacher will have a major impact on the children’s lives through delivering improvements in teaching and learning. We are looking for someone who:
- Can lead Maths as a subject expert across the school and lead a phase team of 8 teachers, in early years and Key Stage 1, and a HLTA to impact pupils
- Has proven impact of improving the quality of teaching and learning in a subject or across a phase
- Has proven experience of high standards of primary classroom practice themselves and is a role model for others
- Has respect for the views of parents and a commitment to the importance of the involvement of parents in the learning process.
- Shows evidence of a commitment to excellence and the maximising of academic and personal achievement for all pupils, and in working as part of a successful team
In return we can offer you:
- Schools committed to your professional learning/development
Vibrant and creative places to work
- Schools at the heart of their communities
- Schools working in partnership to develop professional practice
Visits to the school are actively encouraged please contact the school office on 020 7254 3092 to arrange a time.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 16th April 2020
Selection: Observations in your current setting: Tuesday 21st April 2020
Interview day: Friday 24th April 2020
Newington Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.