Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We’ve moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
The Concierge Team plays an important role on 4 of our larger estates which consist of tower blocks, in keeping our residents safe and providing them with a bespoke service by acting as a contact point to enable the residents to engage with wider council services. The service operates from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week on a shift basis (07:48 am to 16:00pm and 15:48 – midnight) and you may be required to work from any of these offices which are spread across the borough.
- Reporting issues and writing reports to incidents relating to Anti-Social Behaviour, Drug Abuse and Repairs and other relevant Departments.
- Assisting and monitoring vulnerable residents.
- Monitoring entry to tower blocks and viewing activities via our CCTV systems.
- Safety and Security of residents and building.
- Provide a comprehensive reception and telephone enquiry and advice service to the public
- IT Literate, able to use Outlook, Word and Excel and other Council packages. Demonstrate good communication and listening skills, be approachable, demonstrate a can do attitude and be very customer focused.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, prioritise and meet local and Council deadlines.
- Organised, professional, willing to learn, take ownership of situation and accountability for own actions.
- Understands and promotes Health and Safety in all decisions and actions undertaken and promote equal opportunities.
Essential for The Role
SIA Licence – to operate CCTV systems (desirable)
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 85833965
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 7th April 2020
Closing date: 30th March 2020