Team: Knowledge and Insight
Job Family: Providing CBG13
Salary: £42,789- £46,542 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Base Location: Priory House, Chicksands
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 20th April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
More about the role:
Many successful organisations and businesses are adopting formal Portfolio Management to manage the delivery of their Programmes and Projects.
At Central Bedfordshire Council the Portfolio Management Office (PfO) is part of the Transformation Directorate, responsible for all aspects of the organisation's programme and project delivery, aligned to the medium-term plan and strategic priorities.
The PfO is a new team that will include a Head of Service, Programme Managers and Corporate Performance with a remit to:
- Provide support to Programme and Project Managers, PMO’s, Project Support, Project Team Members, Directors, ADs and Heads of Service to assure the delivery of their Projects and Programmes, track progress reporting and ensure that problems blocking delivery are resolved.
- Enable better visibility of Risks, Issues, and Dependencies across all Project & Programmes currently running in the Council.
- Provide a framework of processes, standards and templates to enable a structured approach to faster and more efficient project delivery.
- Provide better information flows about and analysis of projects that enables evidence-driven decision making including the prioritisation and sequencing of projects to assure predictable delivery.
Building the Capability:
We are looking to recruit programme managers to help grow and be part of the PfO to contribute to the ongoing development of the Council’s Portfolio Governance Framework and work to define and write specific products such as:
- Project Lifecycle
- Project Planning Standards
- Project and Programme Assurance
- Project and Programme Risk Management Processes
It will work directly with Programmes and Project Manager to support, advise and ensure compliance with the Council’s Corporate Portfolio Governance Framework and:
- Provide delivery assurance support for all Priority Programmes and Projects
- Identify Issues, Risks, Opportunities, Interdependencies and Trends across the Portfolio
- Ensure a shared understanding of the practical requirements of the Portfolio Governance Framework
You will be an experienced and/or qualified Project/Programme Manager/Analyst and will have a good understanding of Project and Programme Management methodologies. You will understand the value in applying discipline to the planning and delivery of projects to ensure that projects are delivered to Time, Cost and Quality. It is likely that you will have been managing Projects or Programmes for several years and have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience within a similar environment working on portfolio definition and development
- Expert knowledge of the project, programme and change management lifecycle and the key stages within it
- Track record in proactively engaging and driving change to improve the overall quality of service and practice
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Able to challenge stakeholders whilst maintaining excellent relationships.
- Excellent communicator
- Strong leadership experience
- Experience in leading and working closely with business/project leaders
- Capable of managing a diverse workload and prioritising work to meet business.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
To assess your suitability for the role, you must demonstrate how you meet the key outcomes, accountabilities and competencies. To do this, you’ll need to refer the Family Profile, Role Profile and Competency Framework which can be found in the Recruitment Pack: Programme Manager Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Sandra Einon at Sandra.Einon@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or call 0300 300 4286
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline. If you do not have a CV to hand, please look on our website for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role. http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/jobs/work-here/application.aspx