12 Month Secondment / Fixed Term Opportunity
We are looking for an ASYE Assessor/Consultant Practitioner to join our Children’s Social Care Academy.
The role will be responsible for assessing Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSW) who are completing their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE). You will have responsibility for assessing up to 10 NQSWs. You will also design and deliver learning and development opportunities for children’s social care linked to your area of expertise.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the Learning Agreement meeting and all review meetings take place in a timely way and ensure that they involve the NQSW’s line manager. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the NQSW is providing relevant practice evidence to demonstrate that they can meet the competence of the Professional Capabilities Framework and the Knowledge and Skills statement.
You will undertake group supervision as well as completing two out of the three direct observations of practice for up to 10 NQSWs.
You may be an experienced social worker or social work manager who inspires others and delivers change. Ideally you will be a Practice educator. You will have a passion and commitment for supporting and developing NQSW’s as they begin their social work career. You will advocate good practice and allow the NQSW’s to reflect on their practice creating a learning environment which enables the NQSW to increase their skills and knowledge as they work with increasingly complex cases.
- 29 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Development opportunities in key areas of practice;
- Relocation allowance up to £8000
- Reflective Group supervision with our ASYE Assessors
- Laptop/Phone to support agile work practices
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- Clearly defined career progression pathways
- A core skills training programme including Systemic Family Therapy
- Graded Care Profile 2 tool training through our Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Post graduate learning & development opportunities with leading Universities
- Leadership programmes, including an Aspiring leader programme for children’s Social workers & Black & Minority Ethnic Aspiring Managers & Senior Managers programme
- Twice a year Early Help & Children’s Social Care Conferences
- Systemic supervision training for all managers and senior leaders
- Staff reference group
- Discounted vouchers via Croydon Options.
- ASYE mentoring, coaching and peer support.
Click here for Recruitment Brochure
Hours 36, per week, full time
To view the role profile click here
Closing date 31st March 2020, (11:59pm)
Equal opportunities statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.