Targeted Youth Support Worker (Qualified Social Worker)
Based: Hemel Hempstead covering Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere
Salary: £26,999 - £33,799 (dependant on experience) plus £4,000 market forces payment. Welcome payment - T&Cs apply
Hours: 37 hours per week
• Qualified and Social Work England registered Social Worker
• Ideally you will have post qualifying experience and a proven track record of assessing the needs of young people and their families
• Ideally experienced in working with young people involved in the Youth Justice Service and/or working with Looked After Children
It is an exciting time to be joining our service as an experienced qualified Social Worker who is passionate and committed to providing support to young people and their families.
The Targeted Youth Support Service is a uniquely integrated service delivering a range of interventions to adolescents and their families, including undertaking Youth Justice Orders, Statutory Social Work to Children Looked After and family support work.
Hertfordshire’s Children Services has successfully achieved a “Good” rating from Ofsted. We are proud that our service, Targeted Youth Support Service, was specifically commended by Ofsted for its good work with adolescents.
We are a highly supportive and motivated team This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills of social work practice with adolescents and families and to truly influence the lives of young people.
• Managing complex cases to achieve positive outcomes, within a multi-agency environment
• Recording accurate and comprehensive case management information using various IT Packages
• Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
• Delivering appropriate interventions as part of an agreed package of support
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
• Competitive starting salary of up to £33,799 depending on experience (pro-rata)
• Market Forces payment of £4,000 (pro-rata)
• Free parking at all of our sites
• Car Lease Scheme
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, restaurants, days out etc - www.hertsrewards.co.uk
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Alison Angus 01442 454040.
Closing Date: midnight 29thMarch 2020
Interview Date: Monday 6thApril 2020
Safeguarding:Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.