Job Title: Qualified Social Worker - Specialist Adolescent Service Hertfordshire
Location: Based in Dacorum covering Dacorum & St Albans
Salary Range £26,999 - £33,799 pa (pro rata)
Hours: 37 hours per week
- Qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker
- Ideally you will have post qualifying experience and a proven track record of assessing the needs of young people and their families
- Ideally experienced in working with young people involved in the Youth Justice Service and/or working with Looked After Children
It is an exciting time to be joining our service as an experienced qualified Social Worker who is passionate and committed to providing support to young people and their families.
The Specialist Adolescent Service Hertfordshire is a uniquely integrated service delivering a range of interventions to adolescents and their families, including undertaking Youth Justice Orders, Statutory Social Work to Children Looked After and family support work.
Hertfordshire’s Children Services has successfully achieved a “Good” rating from Ofsted. We are proud that our service, Targeted Youth Support Service, was specifically commended by Ofsted for its good work with adolescents.
We are a highly supportive and motivated team This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills of social work practice with adolescents and families and to truly influence the lives of young people.
- Managing complex cases to achieve positive outcomes, within a multi-agency environment
- Recording accurate and comprehensive case management information using various IT Packages
- Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
- Delivering appropriate interventions as part of an agreed package of support
Closing Date: Sunday 29th March 2020
Interview Date: Friday 3rd April 2020
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Vez Nani (01442 388755)
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This include:
• Competitive starting salary of up to £33,136 depending on experience (pro-rata)
• Market Forces payment of £4,000 (pro-rata)
• Free parking at all our sites
• Car Lease Scheme
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, restaurants, days out etc - www.hertsrewards.co.uk
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding:Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Driving Roles Only:As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role and a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.