Dartford’s Housing team is looking to appoint a Housing Officer to cover the current post holder while she is on maternity leave. You will need to be target driven and able to work on your own initiative at a time of real challenge for those involved with managing rent arrears. Key duties include attending court hearings and evictions, serving notices of seeking possession for tenants in arrears, visiting and interviewing tenants for all stages of the arrears process. The post holder also undertakes tenancy sign ups and visits to all new tenants as part of the offer process ensuring that empty properties meet target dates and minimising rent loss. It is therefore essential that you are a good communicator and able to plan and deliver your own agreed work programme, whilst working with and supporting your team and colleagues.
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- Sound knowledge of relevant housing legislation and current issues in social housing
- Robust approach to the effective Management of rent arrears caseload
- Practical experience of court processes relating to enforcement action
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience of working within a housing management team or similar
- Experience of working within a confidential working environment
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a flexible approach;
- The ability to use various IT packages including Microsoft and Housing Management systems
- Availability to participate in the out of hours Emergency Standby Call Out Duty Rota;
A full driving licence and access to your own car is required for this post.