Newly Qualified Social Workers – East Sussex County Council
Join our innovative social work teams and work in a progressive, committed, learning environment where staff are supported and valued. At East Sussex County Council we are driven by a passion to improve outcome for adults and their families and carers so we need ambitious, creative and professionally curious individuals who want to make a different to people’s lives.
Supporting and promoting independence
The role involves working with adults, their families and carers within their communities through strengths-based approaches, enabling people to identify the outcomes they want to achieve and support them to find their own solutions within their local communities.
Opportunities are now available for Newly Qualified Social Workers within community teams across the county who support and safeguard adults with a range of care and support needs including:
- Physical health issues;
- Learning disability;
- Mental health/substance misuse;
- Sensory impairment;
- Older people;
- Adults in hospital.
A supportive environment
We know social work can be a demanding job so we believe in nurturing our staff by providing a genuinely supportive environment. Supervision is a priority, as is the sharing of skills, knowledge and learning and we strongly encourage and support you to develop resilience. In our increasingly digitally dynamic organisation, we enable you to work flexibly and make sure you are equipped with a smart phone and laptop.
‘Progress’ your career with us
Progress is the continuing professional development pathway for social workers in East Sussex. It describes opportunities and expectations for social workers working in adult social care settings as they move through their careers. It will help you map your career journey from NQSW to Head of Service, and assist you to focus on developing your expertise across three core elements; strengths based practice, core knowledge and leadership and supervision.
Progress enables social workers to:
- Build on existing and develop new knowledge and skills required for a strengths based approach, underpinned by the Professional Capability Framework (PCF) and Knowledge and Skills Statements (KSS);
- Understand and work towards requirements for pay and progression, social work registration and further accreditation;
- Navigate your own individual career path through a range of supporting and enriching opportunities.
A wide range of benefits
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits including:
- *Relocation scheme for newly appointed employees.
- We offer a range of ways to help staff travel to and from work:
- Interest-free loans for season tickets;
- Interest-free loans for bicycles (as well as secure bike sheds and showers at some locations);
- * car and motorbike leasing;
- Car share scheme;
- Discounts on bus and train tickets;
- Competitive vehicle loan scheme;
- Minimum of 5 days’ training each year;
- Starting annual leave allowance of 26 days (including statutory and concessionary days);
- Savings on our childcare vouchers;
- Excellent Local Government pension scheme;
- Flexible/agile working;
- Staff benefits website, which features around 6000 offers and discounts at any given time;
- Accelerated increment on completion of ASYE programme.
Join us now
We know we can make a difference so if you would like to be part of our progressive team please apply now.
Who is eligible to apply for the ASYE programme?
You need to have completed your social work qualification and registered with the professional regulator by September 2020, and to not have previously worked as a qualified Social Worker.
The post requires that you are able to meet the travel requirements across the county of East Sussex.