Our terms and conditions are currently under review.
Essential Car User or Travel Allowance subject toauthorisation.
At present, due to current Covid-(19) situation, recruitment to this role is suspended.We will continue to accept application forms however shortlisting, interviews and appointments will be suspended until further notice.
The role is to lead, manage and provide the delivery ofa range of professional and technical Services for the TransportationGroup.
An exciting opportunity has arisen,Tower Hamlets is expanding its Highways and Transportation teams to meet thegrowing demand on services. We currently have the biggest developments inEurope within the borough and projects such as liveable streets, footway andcarriageway improvement programmes, LED infrastructure replacement and schoolstreets to name but a few. In order to continue the excellent servicedelivery we are looking for dynamic energetic individuals to become part ofthese successful teams.
As a Principal Officer within the Transportation Group, themain aim of the role is to
1) assess our customers transport needs and provide theCouncil’s highways and transport strategies and policies via the LocalImplementation Plan (LIP) and Tower Hamlets Transport Strategy, and/or
2) secure funding for transport infrastructure projects andtravel behaviour change education, training and publicity programmes via appropriatebids, and/or
3) as a statutory consultee, provide development managementfunctions of the Traffic and Highway Authority, including Stopping Up Orders,securing funding via legal agreements under s106 (T&CPA1990), s38, s184,s278 (HA1980), etc, and initiating, planning and commissioning highways, trafficand transportation related proposals in order to control the impact of developmenton the highway network and ensure safety of all highway users, and/or
4) manage and lead on the provision of specialised financialand project management support for the Client Team, including co-ordinatingfunding bids and allocations, and/or
5) lead, commission, monitor operational delivery and performancemanage a comprehensive range of specialist professional engineering, highways,traffic and transportation related services for projects, schemes andprogrammes through the various design stages/gateways.
To manage the entire Group’s activities, ensuring that theCouncil complies with, as appropriate, relevant legislation, technical guidanceand Approved Codes of Practice (ACoPs), including complying with the following:
Highways Act 1980
Traffic Management Act 2004
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Environmental Protection Act 1990
New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
Town & Country Planning Act 1990
Flood & Water Management Act 2010
Equality Act 2010 Crime and Disorder Act 2006
Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations
Well Managed Highway Infrastructure ACoP Oct 2016
The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directionsguidance
Traffic Signs Manual (all chapters)
Manual for Streets 1&2
Design Manual for Roads & Bridges
Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
London Cycle Design Standards (latest version)
Additional Job Board Text
For an Informal discussion about this post please contact Mehmet Mazhar, Head of Highways & Transportation on 0207 364 3604 or email Mehmet.email@example.com
Shortlisting & the interviews to be held on week commencing 6th & 13th April 2020.
Candidate could be required to prepare and present a presentation on a given topic