Medway Children's Social Care are recruiting sessional Family Group Conferencing Coordinator's to join our Children's Social Work Team. You will be responsible for coordinating family group meetings and preparing families and extended family members for meetings, as well as supporting families to develop their own family plan.
You will report to the Senior Family Group Conference Coordinator.
- NVQ3 in relevant professional area
- GCSE in English and Maths (minimum grade 5 or equivalent)
- Experience of community work and case management
- Experience of undertaking direct work with children and families
- Experience in undertaking minutes at case meetings
- Experience in IT systems
- An ability to work independently and act on own initiative’
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Willingness to enhance and improve skills through supervision and training.
For an informal discussion please contact Ingrid Crisan, Head of Service, Children's Social Work Teams on 01634 331505.
Closing Date for applications is 27th March 2020.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or view online.