Our existing terms and conditions are currently under review.
Tower Hamlets is a culturally diverse borough in which an excitingopportunity has arisen for a Green Team Operative
As a Green Team operative for the Boroughs Green Team you will take a lead roleon the horticultural maintenance of Parks and Open Spaces throughout TowerHamlets You will be responsible for a range of duties including Grass cuttingflower bed maintenance and bowling green maintenance
The Council is committed toimproving the quality of its green spaces and the Green Team Operative Fitterwill have a key role in supporting this aim.
The key responsibilities for the role of Green Team operative include:
* Carry out a rangeof horticultural maintenance activities, in accordance with best horticulturalpractices, so that designated sites are prepared and maintained to a highstandard of horticulture and overall appearance
* Support theimplementation of improvements to designated sites, and the associatedpreparation for local and national award schemes.
* Undertake basicmaintenance of tools, equipment and machinery, identifying and reportingdefects.
* Deal with thepublic in a courteous and efficient manner, answering questions relating to theparks, noting and reporting any complaints to the Operations Leader.
* Participatein the delivery of horticultural- and ecological-based community events andactivities such as tree planting, bulb planting and clean-up days.
* The Council has astrong commitment to achieving equality and opportunity in both services to thecommunity and in the employment of people, and expects all employees tounderstand and promote its policies in their own work, including undertakingany training where necessary.
Key requirements for the role of Green Team operative include
Knowledge of issues relating to parks and open spaces.
Knowledge of First Aid necessary to protect public safety and theinfrastructure of the park.
Knowledge of Health & Safety pertaining to parks and open spaces andthe safe use of Pesticides
Working knowledge of plants, bedding schemes and fine turf maintenance
Experience of working in a front line grounds maintenance service
Working experience of maintaining green spaces to a high standard
Experience of working alone and as a member of a team
Experience in the use of appropriate grounds maintenance tools andmachineryAble to operate and carryout routine maintenance of horticultural machinery tools and equipment