G3 (£20,344) to (£25,295) 37 hours per week Mon to Fri
Starting salary without relevant experience will be £20,344
We are looking for someone to join our Customer Service team.
This position delivers a front line face-to-face, written, email and telephone service. You will primarily respond to Nepalese customers, answering queries and resolving issues around housing benefit, council tax, our waste and recycling service and any environmental issues.
You will be expected to provide practical support and communication with Nepalese customers. Experience of working with customers and excellent verbal communication skills and written skills in both English and Nepali are essential for this role.
We need the successful candidate to be able to accurately explain housing benefit and council tax liability. Discuss our waste and recycling service and environmental enquiries. You may be asked to work alongside colleagues, within the community in the event of a Borough incident. You will need to respond to customers in a confident manner as well as being able to manage constant and often conflicting demands
You should be able to demonstrate:
- excellent customer service skills
- the ability to understand complex rules and explain them clearly to customers
- an assertive but tactful manner with customers
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- accuracy and attention to detail
- that you are comfortable using a range of computer systems
- commitment and enthusiasm for the job
- a ‘can do’ positive attitude
- openness to feedback to support your development, demonstrating behaviours found within the Councils Behaviour Framework
Previous experience of this type of work would be an advantage. However, full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Please call Mary Timmins (01252 398988) or Marybeth Quaintmere (01252 398881) for information or to discuss the role.
Closing date: 29 March 2020: Interviews will be held on 7 and 8 April 2020