Financial Assessment Officer (SC6)
Salary: £27,228 to £29, 241
We are looking for 2 experienced Benefit Assessors to join the Financial Assessment team within the Resource Directorate.
You will be required to work as part of a team and be responsible for delivering effective customer focused services through the accurate and efficient processing of claims and changes for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. You will experience a great sense of satisfaction as you help people to get the right benefits and support in what can be a difficult stage in their life.
Responsibilities will include working effectively as part of a team and working closely with other teams across the Council to working together in a collaborative way to give a better customer experience and to maximise efficiencies across the Council.
You will be working in a friendly environment with a range of flexible working options including flexi leave up to 2 days per month and the ability to work from home as appropriate.
If you enjoy a high paced working environment and you have expertise processing Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support Claims, together with the other experience and skills that we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that the Job Description is a Generic Job Description and the role is for a Benefit Assessor, Assessing Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims and related changes.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 26th March 2020
Interview Date: Week comencing 30th March 2020
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Lorna Mann on 020 8132 2391 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.