Hours per week: 32.4
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 1 July 2020
Fixed term for: maternity leave cover
Closing date: 27 March (midday)
Interview date: 1 April
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Elm Grove, BrIghton, BN2 3ES, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 708004
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher status
- A strong commitment to working in partnership with pupils, staff, parents and the community.
- Excellent classroom skills and high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A commitment to inclusion of all pupils.
- Positive behaviour management skills
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- A good understanding of the EYFS phase.
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Experience of teaching in a vibrant, 2 form entry, inner-city school.
- Effective support with professional development.
- Inclusion in a professional, highly skilled staff team.
Applications are particularly welcome from individuals from the BME community who are under-represented in this area of work.
Elm Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Elm Grove Primary School is part of the Brighton City Centre Partnership for Education, a group of primary and nursery schools who work in close collaboration to improve teaching and learning in our schools.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.