THREE VACANCIES at Soulbury A point 3 – 8 £40 949 - £50,159 plus up to 3 SPA’s
London Borough of Waltham Forest (London Borough of Culture 2019 and Local Authority of the Year) offers a Retention bonus of £2000 which is paid annually in June and December. The bonus is subject to conditions. New recruits joining us will receive £1000 on commencement and £1000 on successful completion of the first 6 months of employment.
The Educational Psychology Service is well regarded in the borough and as a consequence of recent promotions , we are looking to appoint experienced Educational Psychologists to work in our team.
- Outer London /Casual Car/Bicycle user allowance (plus access to E car to carry out visits to schools).
- Up to 3 SPA agreed when conditions are met
- Posts are for 36 hours per week but term time contracts or part time work will be considered
This is an exciting time to become a member of a friendly supportive team co-located within spacious and bright accommodation in a primary school based 15 mins walk from Highams Park Overground station, close to the A406, with bus links to Walthamstow Central. Free parking is available in nearby streets.
The EPS team:
- Consists of 15 permanent EPs with trainees
- Is a successful traded business unit within a local authority
- Is committed to enabling EPs to be involved in a variety of activities including early years work, consultation, project work, ELSA, YOS, college work , LAC ,borough wide training in addition to work commissioned by schools and statutory work (approximately 25% of the allocation).
- Has strong support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Provides comprehensive induction and ongoing supervision.
- Enjoys strong reciprocal links with professional training courses.
- Benefits from dedicated administrative support and high-quality IT with all EPs having a WiFi laptop and smart phone.
You will need to be:
- An excellent practitioner with good communication, interpersonal, organisation and time management skills.
- Reliable , flexible, able to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Committed to consultative problem solving as a model of service delivery and understand the issues of working within a traded environment.
- Have a sound knowledge of evidenced based interventions
- Have professional Educational Psychology qualifications (usually a Doctorate) recognised by the BPS, have HCPC registration and be DBS cleared
For an informal discussion about this post:
Please contact Fiona Davey (Principal Educational Psychologist) Fiona.Davey@walthamforest.gov.uk 07961 323 850
Applications by https://ats.jobsgopublic.com/
The closing date for applications is… Wednesday 22nd April
Interviews are provisionally arranged for Wednesday 29th April