Our terms, conditions and benefits are currently under review.Qualified Tutor/Lecturer Scale Point 4 – 6; Hourly Rate: £26.43 - £28.87
Unqualified Rate Point 1 - 3; Hourly Rate: £22.77 - £25.20
We are looking for an enthusiastic Guitar tutor to join our innovative and dynamic team who can teach Playing the Guitar across a range of levels in our Music Room at our Shadwell Centre.
We expect the successful tutor to be able to teach Playing the Guitar from beginners to an advanced level.
You will provide high quality teaching, learning and support for learners in the Post-16 education sector for Tower Hamlets Council.
You will be responsible for delivering excellent teaching and learning in Playing the Guitar on a range of levels in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.You will assist the Curriculum Managers to develop courses, schemes of work and assessment strategies which meet the wide ranging needs of learners across the borough.
- Detailed knowledge of the subject to be taught.
- Aptitude for adapting/developing teaching methods to suit learner needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of current best practice in teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of learners, including Prevent.
- A nationally recognised teaching qualification commensurate with the post (PTLLS, DTLLS or Higher) or evidence of undertaking appropriate study to gain such qualifications.
- Experience of teaching adults how to: Play the Guitar to a high/advanced level.
- An aptitude for producing documentation evidencing learner progress, planning of learning, assessment and review of teaching and learning within specified deadlines.
Additional Job Board Text
Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 20th April 2020.
We encourage all applicants to read the person specification thoroughly and to clearly demonstrate that they have the skills, experience and knowledge required for this position when completing their application.